Our client is a Finpay market leader that's focused on combining their entrepreneurial spirit with their immense payment expertise to take their company and their partners to the forefront of innovation.
As one of the leading payment companies, they are continually searching for passionate thinkers to join their team and changing how the world pays.
As the VP of Payment Operations of this dynamic start up culture and organisation
* Build, manage and mentor the Payment Operations team
* Manage critical components of partnerships with back-end processors, card networks and issuers
* Negotiate contracts and be the primary relationship manager with processors globally
* Work closely with other cross functional other teams (finance, risk, product, engineering customer service, operations, international etc.) to identify ways to optimize funds in/out solutions, manage risk, improve the customer experience, broaden our geographic footprint, multi-currency settlement capabilities and introduce new alternative payment methods
* PayFac/PSP experience a plus++
* Work with cross-functional teams and partners to develop high value-add reporting
* Optimize how we onboard customers across verticals and partners
* Develop strategies to significantly increase payment processing capabilities
* Help develop plans to scale our payments processing capabilities internationally
* Develop strategies to considerably reduce processing and other operating costs
* Work with finance team to maximize profitability per merchant
* Collaborate with product and engineering to develop best-in-class products and services
* Develop business cases in support of new payments products and features (i.e. loyalty/gift cards), payment methods (Apple/Android Pay) and new channels (potential new verticals, card present/EMV etc)
* Ensure we have the appropriate technical support and environments (internal and at vendors)
* Develop payment operations training program
* Work with risk team to optimize risk mitigation, fraud detection and chargeback management tools, systems and procedures
* Work with internal teams, processors and banks to manage our ACH business and NACHA compliance
* Present strategies and operational reviews to senior management and board of directors
* Provide subject matter expertise in global payment trends, rules and regulations
* Partner with legal to meet regulatory and compliance needs as required such as 1099 reporting
* Represent the company at key payment conferences, forums etc
* 7-10+ years of related experience in Payments, preferably with PayFac/PSP and international experience
* 5+ years experience managing a team with direct reports
* Marketplace or e-commerce experience ideal
* BA/BS degree; MBA preferred but not required
* High level of initiative, self-starter
* Excellent quantitative and communication skills
* Strategic thinker and outstanding project management skills
* Ability to multitask and take on lots of different projects
* Presentation and financial modeling skills a plus
Connecting Game Changers in Fintech
Fintech Recruiters specializes in placing highly sought after financial technology (FinTech) talent with disruptive startups and innovative companies in the FinTech space.
Our core strength is recruiting talented FinTech Sales Executives, Implementation Managers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Pre and Post-Sales Consultants, Business Analysts, Project Managers and C-level Execs in New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Atlanta, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:646-233-4050 or 416-948-4050 if you have any questions.