Our client is one of the largest insurance companies in Europe selling its services through traditional and digital channels which are rapidly growing. It has acquired a state of the art expertise in the latter, which enables it to successfully and rapidly expand in several countries.
In Canada, it is starting up a 100% digital P&C insurance company, with this objective:
“We want to create a truly disruptive insurance company that will resonate with the Canadian marketplace. A trusted, simple and easy to understand insurance proposition. We use modern technology to support state of the art customer journeys. Our DNA as a mutual insurance company guides our offerings and leads us to developing lasting relationships with our customers. While we may be over 200 years old and have a long tradition of supporting families, individuals, farmers and many more with insurance products throughout Europe, we embrace the idea of creating a new kind of insurance company. One that treats customers as owners. And offers insurance coverage that is simple, transparent and affordable. All delivered digitally.”
The company is currently recruiting to form the team who will launch this new digital insurance company in Canada, designed to challenge how insurance is delivered in Canada. The goal is to grow to 200 employees within 5 years.
The Front-end Developer Lead is responsible for facilitating the setup and management of a superb insurance journey for our customers and in conjunction working closely with our Subject Matter Experts and development partners in an agile working environment.
- Run day to day scrum sessions with the team and the vendors and be responsible for keeping the Agile methodology in place.
- Ensure agile practices are adopted by the company and supported by the right toolkit for efficient cooperation.
- Be responsible for smooth front-end (Sitecore) development (using customer journeys) with all stakeholders, internal, Canadian and international (Europe) and making sure the vendors have specifications ready on our side.
- Analyze business requirement and translate into development specifications hand over to the developers.
- Help with clarifications of specifications with internal resources and the vendors.
- Be responsible for content management as such with two possible scenarios: 1) having outsourced development or 2) full internal development.
Connecting Game Changers in Fintech
- A Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology (certified) and minimum 5-8 years’ experience in web development (with 2-3 years as a team lead)
- Experience with off-shore projects and large distance collaboration is a big plus
- Experience with Sitecore platform development is a big plus
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs into practical tactics
- Ability to coach and manage multiple layers in the organization
- Ability to recognize unrelated problems and implement an appropriate solution within established guidelines.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources for reporting.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities to deliver quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work successfully within functional and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
- Strong knowledge of insurance trends, developments, current standards, and federal and provincial/local laws and regulations.
Fintech Recruiters specializes in placing highly sought after financial technology (FinTech) talent with disruptive startups and innovative companies in the FinTech space.
Our core strength is recruiting talented FinTech Sales Executives, Implementation Managers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Pre and Post-Sales Consultants, Business Analysts, Project Managers and C-level Execs in New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Atlanta, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Please contact email@example.com or phone:646-233-4050 or 416-948-4050 if you have any questions.