Our client is a growing Fintech startup that creates innovative algorithmic trading solutions for the world's leading banks and hedge funds. They have a global presence with offices in London, New York and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and they're looking for client facing Fintech software architects to join their tech savvy team.
The client facing Fintech software architects will work together with the Fintech Engagement Lead to analyze the customer's business and technical problems and in turn provide customized solutions based on the customer's needs.
As a client facing Fintech software architect, you will act as an entrepreneur and technologist, and you enjoy problem solving and working with others. Furthermore, in this exciting role,
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated C++ applications for high-performance distributed trading systems
- Perform business analysis and engage in day-to-day interaction with customer users (developers, traders, IT/trading managers, and senior management).
- Be 100% responsible for successful deployment of new releases to production
- Follow through with customers to ensure quality of deliverables and releases fully meets expectations
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- Maximize customer capacity for “self-support” by continuously generating and improving knowledge base content and other customer-facing developer and support documentation
- Exceptional object-oriented and distributed systems programming skills. C++, C#, or Java preferred
- At least one scripting language (C#, Perl, Python, Java, etc.) and familiarity with SQL and databases
- Experience with pragmatic, iterative approach to software development and design in an agile environment.
- A track record of demonstrable success delivering complex software solutions.
- The ability to engage directly with all levels of business and technical personnel in order to discern, describe, and satisfy customer business requirements.
- Substantial knowledge of developing software for mission-critical, high-performance production environments, preferably in large-scale trading operations, particularly for interest rate products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s preferred
- 3-5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- 1-3 years customer-facing consulting
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus but not required
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus but not required
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus but not required
- An interest and willingness to travel and spend time at customer sites is also critical.
Candidates will face stringent technical interviews and online coding tests.
Connecting Game Changers in Fintech
Fintech Recruiters specializes in placing highly sought after financial technology (FinTech) talent with disruptive startups and innovative companies in the FinTech space.
Our core strength is recruiting talented FinTech Sales Executives, Implementation Managers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Pre and Post-Sales Consultants, Business Analysts, Project Managers and C-level Execs in New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Atlanta, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:646-233-4050 or 416-948-4050 if you have any questions.