Our client is a well-funded global Blockchain startup that's headquartered in Luxembourg and currently operates in Africa, Asia and Europe. They offer innovative global payment solutions to businesses transferring funds to and from emerging markets.
They are looking for a Compliance and Due Diligence Specialist with an excellent understanding of the banking networks and mobile money operators across countries such Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
As the Compliance and Due Diligence Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate compliance policies are in place for all the company's internal and external-facing activities. The Compliance and Due Diligence Specialist manages specific compliance projects and acts as an internal point of contact. You will also aid in the completion of any action and the preparation of all documentation required.
- Maintain and revise, as necessary, the company's AML Policy and implementing procedures.
- Contribute to annual revisions, as necessary, of the company's AML Policy and implementing procedures.
- Lead implementation of a financial crime (i.e. anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, combating terrorist financing and anti-bribery and corruption) program and monitor compliance across all relevant parts of the Group and any outsourced functions.
- Facilitate new employee training process and annual training process and update training slides in accordance with relevant laws that apply to countering Financial Crimes.
- Review new individual and business customer sign-ups as part of KYC process and participate in creation of automatic screening tools for the same alongside Chief Product Officer
- Identify and investigate suspicious customer activity and prepare reports on same, submit reports as a Nominated Person to the regulatory authority.
- Ensure independent reviews are completed for higher risk transactions and client relationships (at onboarding and periodic review) in line with policy requirements. To escalate exceptional transactions or relationships to the C.E.O
- Keep abreast of licensing trends in relevant payment, money remittance, and digital currency sectors, including speaking with external experts, advisors, and officials as necessary.
- Conduct checks on business counterparties and potential investors
- Conduct an annual risk assessment relating to financial crime and incorporate conclusions into current policies and requirements. This to include leading an annual update to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Manual (AML Manual) gaining sign-off from Head and Legal and Compliance and Executive Management.
- To agree with management remediation plans for all incidence of non-compliance with policy/procedure and follow up implementation on a timely basis, escalating to Head of Department and relevant Executive Director as necessary.
- A Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in any Financial Services Industry.
- Flexibility, ability to work independently, and strong problem-solving capability to enable navigation of fast-moving ecosystem and fast-growing young company
- Bachelor’s degree is Law is preferable
- Experience managing complex regulatory environments of innovative financial products is an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and management qualities such as strong work ethic, trustworthiness, self-confidence and the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Critical problem-solving ability
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in the use of Google suite and Microsoft Office Package
Competitive salary and full health benefits
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:646-233-4050 or 416-948-4050 if you have any questions.